Can not add Task List and Issue tracking list to a Modern Site Pages as web part

Copper Contributor

I am not able to add Task List and Issue tracking list as web part in Modern Site pages. Although Document Library and Generic Lists are being added successfully.

Am I missing something here? Do I need to activate some site feature or something? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance !

20 Replies
You mean by using the modern List View WebPart?
Those list templates have not been converted to modernUI yet. What I do is recreate the task list as a custom list. But you lose a few features like syncing with outlook but overall we only use the columns and not the other task list features of the template so it works for us.

I've been looking at this as well and noticed that the lists rendered by those apps are in the old style - does anyone know if MS are intending to make them available in the new format or if we need to try to recreate the functionality using Flow etc?  If it's the latter, has anyone tried doing this for the Issue Tracking app and written any nice instructions?  Thanks!

Sam

Is anyone aware of the timeline for when tasks will be added to the Modern UI?

No Idea of timeline when it will be released by microsoft. But for time being I have developed a custom solution (SPFX webpart) which works well and can be added to Modern pages as web part.

can you send me information about your webpart?  jackl@cdh.com

I would also ask for information on the SPFX webpart!  kkberger@nd.gov

Hello, could I also find out what steps you took to create the webpart to display the task list?  kkberger@nd.gov

I have shared you the steps.. pls chk your inbox

Happy to help !!

Hi Devansh, this is exactly what I'm looking for. Are you able to share it further?

Kind regards,

Will

Hi Devansh,

May I also demand to share your solution with me. Especially I'm wondering how you solved the notification issue.

Many thanks in advance.

I’d appreciate you sharing your solution as well. Thanks in advance.
David
sp@capecod.website

Based on overwhelming response, I have made a git repo for the same. Please share your support by following/forking sharing etc.

Many Thanks!

https://github.com/devoooo4u/spfx-task-list-web-part

Based on overwhelming response, I have made a git repo for the same. Please share your support by following/forking sharing etc.

Many Thanks!

Many Thanks!

@Karlynn Berger wrote:

Hello, could I also find out what steps you took to create the webpart to display the task list?  kkberger@nd.gov

Thanks so much, Devansh. Your skills and generosity are much appreciated.
David

Hi,

Thanks for the application but I am getting a error when builing it:

Argument of type 'SPHttpClientConfiguration' is not assignable to parameter of type 'SPHttpClientConfiguration'

I found in the issues tab of your github this:

For communicating with non-SharePoint services, use the HttpClient class instead.

But I don't have any idea how to change it!

Could you give me any tip to do it?

Best regards

Americo

Delete the contents of your node_modules folder and run 'npm i' to re-install the modules.