SOLVED

Can I hide/disable conversations in groups created by SharePoint Teams/Communications sites?

Brass Contributor

I'm building some modern team and communication sites which create the associated group, however that's showing the group in outlook online and I have begun to have users email those groups.   

Problem with that is my user/owners of the site are more focused on the site part of it, not the group features. Thus are missing the conversation posts.  Ideally I'd like to disable/hide the ability for regular users to post to conversations.

Anyone encountering this conundrum? 

3 Replies
best response confirmed by John Graham (Brass Contributor)
Solution
You could hide the Group from the GAL using PowerShell...you can also block who can write to the Group by means of some PowerShell

Excellent, Thanks @Juan Carlos González Martín I've done that now which may solve most of my problems.   

I'm curious if there's a way for me to take it one step further and get it to not show up as an option at all when doing discovery for groups.  It's still showing up in there.

@John Graham : Can you help us with the Powershell script to block conversations in a team site

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by John Graham (Brass Contributor)
Solution
You could hide the Group from the GAL using PowerShell...you can also block who can write to the Group by means of some PowerShell

View solution in original post