SOLVED

Blue lines on SharePoint folders and items in document library

Copper Contributor

What are these blue lines?

sharepoint blue lines.png

9 Replies
best response confirmed by Marty Kelly (Copper Contributor)
Solution
“New” Star replacement. Think it’s items modified in past 24 hour.
We've had a lot of questions about this in our organization too, I've looked through all the recent changes described in the Message Center but found nothing describing this. I guess it's too unsignificant to post about, but this sort of change sure generates interest :)

Btw: the color scheme changes wrt the item type it seems, green for files and blue for folders?

What is the new green zig-zag arrow then?

Trending document, lots of recent activity. 

Hm, so more than just symbols for new documents and folders, then. How do you know this, have you seen an overview somewhere?

I picked it up somewhere along the lines from Ignite demo's seeing them and just figuring it out. I may have read it on a blog post but I honestly can't recall so much info the past 2 months I don't remember where I get it I just know I know what it is now :P.

I think it's got something to do with what the Sharepoint sees as a REPEAT of a file. 

For example, if you have a file that has a similar name in folder A and in folder B;

Lets say, you already transferred folder A to sharepoint

and now you transfer folder B (from your main windows drive) to Sharepoint -

then because Sharepoint sees that you have 2 files (with similar/same names) from two different folders (folder A & folder B);

- and more than one file from each folder A and folder B has file(s) with a similar name/title

- your folder will then have the three blue lines on it.

I think it's got something to do with what the Sharepoint sees as a REPEAT of a file. 

For example, if you have a file that has a similar name in folder A and in folder B;

Lets say, you already transferred folder A to sharepoint

and now you transfer folder B (from your main windows drive) to Sharepoint -

then because Sharepoint sees that you have 2 files (with similar/same names) from two different folders (folder A & folder B);

- (more than one file from each folder A and folder B has file(s) with a similar name/title)

- your folder will then have the three blue lines on it.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Marty Kelly (Copper Contributor)
Solution
“New” Star replacement. Think it’s items modified in past 24 hour.

View solution in original post