Bing Maps in SharePoint Online

MVP

I’ve come across articles like this one "SP 2013: Getting started with the new Geolocation field in SharePoint 2013"/ that describe how to add the Geolocation field to SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint Online. I’m also aware that Bing Maps have been included in the Modern Page experience for SharePoint Online.

I was wondering:

• Whether there are plans to support the Geolocation field in the Modern SharePoint list experience? (and if so are there plans to make its implementation easier i.e. no code)
  • What the requirements for both the Geolocation and Bing part (modern page) from a Bing licensing perspective (as the current version of the Bing licensing model is rather impenetrable)
7 Replies

This is a great question - I really like the idea of the no code solution...

Hi Simon,

Do you mean you prefer to enable Bing Map web part can load geolocation from the list so that you will be able to show multiple pushpins on the map for example to show case the office builds cross the world?

Thanks

Steve

Yes that is one scenario.

@Simon Denton, were you able to get answers to your questions?  I'm interested in a similar scenario as well.

We had put office build location into backlog.

We are also trying to get a map view of data and had used the 'classic' sharepoint view and geolocation data to do this. However, now that the modern sharepoint experience has been rolled out the map view is no longer available (without manually going back to the classic experience).

It would be great if Microsoft could explain the roadmap for geolocation / maps in Sharepoint.

@Steve ZhangHi! So is there a solution yet? Could you please provide the link to a how-to or some details?

Appreciated and many thanks!!!!