SOLVED
Home

Base Tenant Storage Issues

Highlighted
Marcus_Peet
New Contributor

I am hoping that someone can help me.

I am very confused by the information contained within this article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/servicedescriptions/sharepoint-online-service-description...

and what I am seeing in my tenant storage site:

• My main confusion surrounds this question:  If all of the data on my SharePoint tenant is within “site collections”, and my site collection limit is 25TB, then what does the 1.68TB consist of? And why is it not scaling to accommodate my sites?

Site Collection.jpg

• Background
    • I have 70 total licenses
      • 66 M365 Business
      • 3 E3
      • 1 E5
  • I have been doing more research using the link you provided below detailing Sharepoint Storage and the number that I have come up with for my storage based upon my subscriptions is 12.5 exabytes.  This is based upon the 25TB per site collection, and the 500,000 site collection per organization limit.  This should theoretically give me 12.5 exabytes.

•  

2 Replies
Solution

First, it can be a bit confusing. Those limits posted are the limits of a site collection, not the storage you actually receive. So a site collection can store upto 25TB, but it doesn't mean you have 25TB of data.

You have 70 total licenses

• 66 M365 Business
    • 3 E3
    • 1 E5

You get 1TB pfor the organization

You get 700Gb (10gb x 70 licenses)

For a total of roughly 1.70tb, or in your case it's estimating about 1.68tb. So you have used up the total amount of storage that was allocated to you, based on the # of users you have in your tenant.

Thank you very much.  I just got confirmation from Microsoft on this matter as well.  It is very disappointing to find this out, but thank you for taking the time to read and respond.  

Related Conversations
Tabs and Dark Mode
cjc2112 in Discussions on
38 Replies
Extentions Synchronization
Deleted in Discussions on
3 Replies
Stable version of Edge insider browser
HotCakeX in Discussions on
35 Replies
flashing a white screen while open new tab
Deleted in Discussions on