Archiving SharePoint list item

Copper Contributor

Does any know how to archive SharePoint list item to another list?

Also, I am trying to share list item using email and then clicking the send button but email is not going although it says link shared however receiver never receive the email neither I receive confirmation. It was working properly before but not for last couple days.   

Any response will be appreciated. 

6 Replies
Can't answer the sharing issue, mine is working fine, so could be something exchange online related, / spam or you might be having a service issue with that. Recommend possibly a ticket for that.

As for the list archive, your options are 3rd party tool such as ShareGate to easily put filters and move list content around. Or create a flow for "On selected item" and you can select items and select your flow to run on them.

In this flow you would basically get item action into a Create item action into another list. The metadata / list would have to match if you wanted it to be similar. You could also take a list item into a document, excel file or something else depending on the end goal result of the archive itself.
As an alternative to Flow, you could think on creating a PS script that runs on a schedule and archives the items of the list based on a specific metadata field
Can you explain a bit more in detail how to do the process?

Flow for selected item works only for a single item.

How can we make the flow to complete action for multiple selected items? 

Running a flow every single item is very time-consuming.

Any suggestion.

Thanks

I would suggest to implement your own archiving tool using C# and CSOM.  Alternatively look at the www.listman.io that is a modern .NET app that uses CSOM and designed to archive or export large list items (more that 5000 items) and attachments without any development required. Disclaimer: I'm an author of a tool and would be glad to answer any questions.

@Amanpreet_Singh1989 

We have used a Flow in conjunction with a status field, we run the flow once a week or month and it moves anything with the status "archive" to the archive list