SOLVED

Anybody else's top link bar in Modern experience disappear?

Steel Contributor

Came into work this morning to discover my tenant no longer has access to the Top Link Bar in our SharePoint sites while using the Modern experience. Has anyone else encountered this?

*Edit* This appears to have affected sites with Publishing enabled. Top link bar isn't visible while using any app or Pages. Site Collections started Classic but are mostly Modern at this point. Hasn't been an issue ever.

79 Replies

Finally this morning the top link bar was back.

Think I'm last on the list for everything :)

I see this, too, and it's less than helpful. Looks like it still applies to only Publishing sites. @Sam Larson, is this an intended rollout or another bug?

Thanks for posting this issue, i'll investigate and post once I have an update.

I'm currently working on a fix for this issue, thanks for your patience everybody!

This should now be resolved as well

Thanks for your good work, Sam!

I know this is an old post but one of my customers is having this issue. They are using the root SharePoint site collection. If they use the basic Wiki Page (classic) then the Top Nav shows. If they create a Site Page (modern) then you can't see the Top Nav. Any ideas?
Hi April,

I'm not aware of any ongoing issues for this, if you have the tenant details feel free to PM me that information but i'd suggest having them open a support case as well so we can fully investigate.

Regards,

Sam

I am experiencing the same issue. Global navigation is displaying in the classic mode but not available in the modern view, modern page. Any information will be helpful.

@Sam Larson  This issue was just brought to my attention by one of my end users.  I know this original thread was from a year ago, however it seems to have come back (?).  I have a print screen of what the site looked like when they came in (only 1 link on top navigation ribbon) and the second screen show that if you edit the navigation ribbon and add an item, the rest of the links show up.  It only stays this way until you refresh the page. 

Thanks! 

SPO top nav issue_1.jpgSPO top nav issue_2.jpg

Hi Mary,

Based on the screenshots we might be looking at a separate issue here . If you haven't already , can you open a support ticket from the admin portal and I can get you hooked up with the right resources to get this fixed !

Regards,

Sam

Thanks for the quick response @Sam Larson !

I'm pretty new to this tech community and haven't opened a ticket yet, I'll let you know if i can't figure it out :)

This issue has just returned... :(

Global navigation on multiple customers tenants has disappeared altogether on modern pages for me. This doesn't seem to be effecting document libraries or other areas just modern site pages. Seems to be the same issue.

Already have a ticket logged via partner support.

The top navigation has just returned on 2 of our 3 tenants.

We are also facing the same issue, it's been 2-3 days global navigation just disappeared for modern site pages. Document libraries ,settings pages and other areas are not affected.

Yes its just returned for me too..
Hi Everybody,

After some further investigation we did find a possible issue and we believe it is now fixed.

Please let me know if you are still having any issues and as always , apologies for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Sam

I have the issue with one of my clients.  Top nav not showing on subsites with Modern Pages and libraries.  Works fine in Classic View.  Will let you know if it doesn't resolve in the next week or so.