SOLVED

Anybody else's top link bar in Modern experience disappear?

Steel Contributor

Came into work this morning to discover my tenant no longer has access to the Top Link Bar in our SharePoint sites while using the Modern experience. Has anyone else encountered this?

*Edit* This appears to have affected sites with Publishing enabled. Top link bar isn't visible while using any app or Pages. Site Collections started Classic but are mostly Modern at this point. Hasn't been an issue ever.

79 Replies

Thanks, Sam.

I just wish there was a way to get this sort of issue to someone who can take care of it in a reasonable timeframe. We've been dealing with this issue for a couple days, but it looks like it only took an hour or two to resolve once it was in front of the right person.

I *just* launched a new Intranet through SharePoint last week, and to have the main navigation disappear as people try to get used to a new platform is pretty infuriating.

Yes, it's ok for us. Ouf

Please test (more) before deploying.

Apologies for the delay with getting this one fixed Steve, curious..did you have a support ticket open? If so , can you PM me the ticket number so I can help get to the bottom of this .
Thanks for confirming Pierre, we will continue to work with our teams to ensure this doesn't happen again.

@Sam Larson, thanks for notifying us of this fix. I appreciate your team's work on getting this fixed, but I would echo Steve and Pierre's sentiment that an issue this disruptive took way too long to get in front of capable hands. I had a ticket started at 8:43 EST on 10/9/2017, ticket number #30126-6527252.

Thanks for your patience and understanding with us!

Thanks Matt, I'll work with the teams to understand the delay.
While I can see the navigation above pages, I can't see it above libraries/lists. I will wait a little longer and see if it might be resolved then.

@Philine von Guretzky, thank you for bringing that up, my own verification of this fix was incomplete--my org also doesn't get the top link bar when using document libraries/lists, only in Pages.

@Sam Larson, can you reopen this issue?

Will take a look . 

still have the same problem. Navigation on pages is good, but when I navigate to a library the navigation is still broken. I can't see the top bar.

I've identified the problem it will be fixed shortly.

Apologies for the confusion everybody , thanks for your patience.

I see this reported in the Admin Center Health as - SP123259 Global navigationbar issue

They are reporting it fixed but not in my Tenant. We still have the issue

I have the same issue as maurtis, that the modern pages are now working which is great however i still have the issue with modern lists and libraries that the navigation doesnt appear.

Any updates on when this will be ressolved?

OK everybody , it should now be fixed for everything.

Can a few of you test and confirm? 

Yes, the navigation is back. Nice that one person can resolve this so quickly.

Still not fixed for our tenant

best response confirmed by Matt Coats (Steel Contributor)
Solution

Thanks for the confirmations! This should be fully resolved now, if you are still seeing issues make sure you do a hard refresh on the page . Ctrl+F5

Looks good for us now. Thank you, Sam!!!

@Sam Larson

Menu1.PNGMenu2.PNG

Above lists and libraries the menu is cut short and I see an edit button (which does nothing)

PS: While I am here ( I have posted this somewhere else too) I would also like to flag that the menu looks different above pages vs lists/libraries. Longer titles are just cut short, which certainly shouldn't happen either.

Menu2.PNGMenu1.PNG