Retaining CreatedBy,ModifiedBy in SPO Doc.Lib Items using JSOM/REST API -migration from SP2010

Brass Contributor

am having my SPO site created for the purpose of migration of  documents, contents from SP 2010 site. on the SP 2010  site there are 100+ files, document libraries that needs to be migrated.

Unfortunately in my current environment i don't have access to visual studio and SP Designer in my Development environment. Customer declined to give go-ahead for installation of these Dev-Tools :(

<p>

Till now I am using some JSOM code and SPServices code to manipulate the list and document libraries' in my SPO env.

I manually migrated few document libraries from SP 2010 to SPO -O365. But the requirement is, customer wants to maintain the created by and modified date to be the same in my SPO env.

How to achieve this ? If we use the manual process of moving documents, the metadata- created by and modified date would be converted into my name and today's date.

Is there anyway, using JSOM+REST API/content editor WP code / any other utility tools, I can retain the created by and modified date in my new SPO site  

help is appreciated!

0 Replies