Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

New Secure Score filter needed - Licensing

Deleted
Not applicable

One filter that is clearly needed from an administrator and cost management perspective when working within the Secure Score is "Licensing".

If the tenant is primarily an Office 365 / EMS E3 User base, you should be able to choose to ignore all Office 365 / EMS E5 User base security recommendations.

Having to hunt around to every service or suggestion that would require all users be upgraded to an E5 license then Ignore, block or remove provisioned services is a seriously cruel implementation on Microsoft's part towards the tenant administrators. 

Wrapping the "Microsoft (E5) only services" with the "Office 365 (E3) services" banner with a FYI - this might require more licensing is also in my opinion inappropriate. 

Just flat out allow manager's / administrator's to set the highest cost filtering then block all the other services from showing up in the tenant.  

2 Replies
Hi @Deleted,

I have raised a uservoice here which you can now vote on. Would recommend getting as many people to vote on this as possible to push up the agenda.

https://office365.uservoice.com/forums/289138-office-365-security-compliance/suggestions/37442800-secure-score-filter-by-user-licence

To note, uservoices can take some time to be reviewed and picked up, if at all. I would absolutely love to see this functionality in secure score and have wanted to for some time

Hope that answers your question,

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard Thank you. Will do. James