need to 'break' connection between Poweschool user and 365 account

Copper Contributor

we have had an issue a couple times where the wrong email address was put into powerschool for a user that is a valid email in 365 just for a DIFFERENT user.  the problem is that when we put the correct email in powerschool and the sync runs, it's still linked to the wrong 365 account and instead of creating a new link to the correct account it is trying to rename the userprincipalname of the wrong account to the corrected email address which fails because 'an account with that name already exists' which is true.  so my question is, does anybody know how i can 'break' the connection without deleting the 365 account, when it's a younger student we've just deleted their account and created a new one but sometimes that isn't an option.  can i remove the 'extension attributes' related to the data sync on the 365 account without completely freaking out the data sync? i just need it to think it needs to look for the matching account again rather than updating the one it thinks it's connected to.

1 Reply

We sync using CSVs and trigger a Reset Sync on the appropriate SDS profile whenever there are issues. I can't speak to how Powershool works though, so my advise would have to be to raise a ticket with aka.ms/sdssupport.

\Magnus