SOLVED

SDS Toolkit Error

Deleted
Not applicable

I got a new  Surfacebook this past week (ya!) and I'm now in the process or re-loading all of my software (boo!).  I just tried reinstalling the SDS toolkit, and I'm getting the following error when I try to do a simple start-csvFilesValidation:

Capture.PNG

What the heck?  Has anyone seen this before?  I tried installing the current toolkit on another machine that had an older version of the toolkit previously and got the same result.   Is there a known issue with the current build of the toolkit?

4 Replies

Sounds like you will need to install a specific version of AzCopy for the file uploads to work.

You will need to install a specific version of AzCopy for the file uploads to work. The link to the AZCopy installer is here.

Additional detail is here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/schooldatasync/install-the-school-data-sync-toolkit 

Please let me know if this does not solve it.

Thanks!

Matt

best response
Solution

Hi James

Have you tried using the powershell console? Using the ISE will give you that error.

\Magnus

James-

Were you able to get it working?  I ask because I raised your issue with the SDS Developers, and we think you have found a bug in the toolkit.  They have been working on it since last week and we hope to have an update in the next few days.  If it is working for you now, great!  But if not, I want to know about it and see if there is anything else I can do to help.

Thanks 

Sorry, yes.  I did get it working. The issue was only in PS ISE. It worked fine in Powershell itself, but looking around it looks the "bug" is with the Write-Message function. On line 80 where the function executes "Write-Host $message -ForegroundColor $foregroundColor", ISE throws the above error.  If you modify the line to just output $message  and cut out the switch that changes the foreground text color (IE. change it to something like "Write-Host $message" ) it runs just fine in ISE as well.  I didn't dig into it any further than that, but it's definitely the source of the error in ISE.

Either way, I'm up and running again. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

Hi James

Have you tried using the powershell console? Using the ISE will give you that error.

\Magnus

View solution in original post