Duplicate User Error Preventing Upload

Copper Contributor

Hello peeps,

I'm running into a problem I haven't seen before.

We have students enrolled at more than one school concurrently. Until this week, it hasn't been a problem for SDS, it would throw errors but work through them and add all students to the appropriate schools and sections anyway.  The MS tech I was working with last summer to get us going on SDS told me that they were aware of those validation errors and it was ok to ignore them as SDS sync would ignore them as well.  This week those validation errors are preventing file upload.

Is anyone else experiencing something similar?

-Ana

3 Replies

Ana-

This should be working.  There was actually a fix this week to allow your scenario without returning the errors.  Do you recall who you worked with to deploy SDS?  If so, please get back in touch with them so they can troubleshoot and open a support ticket if necessary.  They will need to know your tenant ID and other information to help them track it.  If you do not recall who you worked with, let me know and we will find a resource.

thanks,

Matt

One other note- the fix I mentioned above went live Tuesday afternoon. If you did your sync before the update went live, it is possible that if you try again, it might work. Please let me know how it goes.

Makes sense because Tuesday was the first time it failed.  I just tried creating a new sync profile and that isn't working either.  I'm selecting additional fields for section.csv and when I review the chosen settings just before creating the profile, it only shows the defaults selected for that particular csv, none of the others are doing that.

I've reached out to Scott and am waiting to hear back.  Thank you for the response Matt, I'll update this thread as I learn more.

-Ana