Why is the "Power" reintroduced into Get & Transform

Why is the "Power" reintroduced into Get & Transform

Upvotes

Upvote

May 27 2018
10 Comments (10 New)
Completed

2018-05-27_12-55-21.png

Even though you have changed the better "Power Query" name to the worse "Get & Transform", the Power name is reintroduced into Excel.

As I remember it, this happened recently or I may be wrong. It should be more consistently.

I (and a lot of other people) preferred the Power Query -> Power Pivot > - Power View -> Power Map instead of G&T -> Power Pivot - Power View - 3D Map.

I hope this may be an indication of getting back to PQ—otherwise it should be removed.

I think this is valid for both the English and Danish versions.

1805 (9330.2087)

Comments
Microsoft

Hi @Jørgen Koch our Excel Localisation PM @Roger Clarke will take a look and we will get back to you on it! Regards, Staff

Microsoft

Hi @Jørgen Koch, so after investigating this we discovered we do not own translating these strings. I have passed the information on to @Evelyn Kim who does. I am hoping she will come back on here to comment. Regards, Stafford 

Bronze Contributor
I think it is the same in the US/UK versions

Easy fix: Remove Get & Transform and just call it Power Query ;)
Microsoft

Hi @Jørgen Koch,

We are still looking into this and will get back as soon as we have answers from the right people.

Microsoft

HI @Jørgen Koch so Evelyn got back to me on this. It seems the Dev team have made a conscious decided to go back to "Power Query". Hopefully that helps you! Staff 

Bronze Contributor

COOL!!!!

That is the greatest news in a long time!

Regards,

Jørgen

Bronze Contributor

Will they also rename 3D Maps back to Power Maps—I hope ;)

Microsoft

Hi @Jørgen Koch we are not so sure about that one. I think it is probably best asked in the Excel community. We use English as our source. Have a great weekend! Staff 

Copper Contributor
Status changed to: Working on it

Microsoft
Status changed to: Completed