Inconsistent use of "Piktogramme" and "Symbol" in PowerPoint 2016 (German)

Inconsistent use of "Piktogramme" and "Symbol" in PowerPoint 2016 (German)

Upvotes

Upvote

Jul 09 2018
4 Comments (4 New)
Completed
I found a new translation issue in the German version of PowerPoint 2016 (Windows):

The German translation of “Icon” (on the Insert tab) was recently changed from “Symbole” to “Piktogramme” (which I appreciate a lot).
But once an icon has been inserted, we are able to change it using the contextual tab Graphics Tools. On the very left of this Ribbon is the button “Change Graphic” (“Grafik ändern” in German) and one of the four options there is “From Icons”. At this place, “Icons” is still translated as “Symbole”, but should say “Aus Piktogrammen” in the German version to be consistent. The ScreenTip has to be changed as well, naturally.

Please see my screenshot: The upper half, showing “Insert – Icon” = “Einfügen – Piktogramme” is correct, in the lower half the two wrong (old) translations have been marked in yellow, it should say “Aus Piktogrammen” in both places.
image001.png
Comments
Microsoft

Hi @Ute Simon,

Thanks for sending this to us and for the detailed repro steps. It is much appreciated!,.We will investigate and get back to you here.

Regards,

Staff

Copper Contributor
Status changed to: Working on it

Microsoft

Hi @Ute Simon

As you may have seen this should be fixed now. 

Thanks for reporting it!

Staff

Microsoft
Status changed to: Completed