scan a directly in a document

Copper Contributor

Hello,

My father recently bought a new pc, with the latest version of MS Publisher....now he can't scan no more directly into a Publisher document.

Can someone give me a solution for this? I searched the internet and found something about macro's VBA??...We are no experts in this, so if someone has a solution in VBA, can you give a step by step solution?

Thank you in advance

5 Replies

@VD242 

No publisher expert, but in previous versions of publisher I used the below method.

First, use the scanner software or the Fax and Scan feature in Windows to scan and save your picture to your computer. Now, open Publisher 2013, and:

1. Click Insert > Picture
  2. Go to the folder where you saved the picture.
  3. Select the picture, and then click Insert.

@tweetiepie1983 

Ok thank you, but this we already know :) but in previous versions there was an icon where you could directly scan a document or picture into a Publisher document....in the new version it doesn't exist anymore.

...but thank you already for your solution

@VD242 

Yes, having taken a look deeper, the functionality was removed in 2007/2010. Have to now do this in a different way..

You may find the below link useful..

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/publisher-2016/cf370e7d-5ad6-4ed4-8874-06b27c...

@tweetiepie1983 

Thank you for your answer.

One more question, the pc works now with windows 10 - could I install the 'old' version of Publisher on it? So my father could work nomore with the latest version of publisher, but with the older one?

@VD242 

YES, Office 2007 and 2010/ Publisher  is compatible with Windows 10