Unavailable Features

Bronze Contributor

Edit: Only 1 and 1/2 has been delivered from the list

Here are the products that are still unavailble to my organization as a Government tenant and when they were first announced.

Sway: Oct. 2014

Connectors: Nov. 2015

Flow: Nov. 2015

Planner: Dec. 2015

Forms: June 2016

Stream: July 2016

Outlook for iOS/Android: Sept. 2016 - Delivered April 2018

Teams: Nov. 2016, Teams "lite" is rolling out July 2018, no ETA on full Teams

ToDo: Apr. 2017

Communication Sites: June 2017

Microsoft 365: July 2017

Apps for Microsoft Teams: August 2017

Anyone have any additional features to add that as Government tenants we are paying for but not receiving?

I'll continue to update this post as new features are announced and not available to G tenants.

3 Replies

It has taken forever for them to provision our Skype for Business environment. I was told we were moved to the top of the list so we should have it today or tomorrow. I also don't have the nice Office 365 ribbon that goes across the sites. Called support and they were suprised. Not sure if that is something they dont provide to a government tenant or not. Kind of sucks to have to put in the url for a SharePoint site every time because they dont have the ribbon with the gear for you to go directly there. I tried updating the master pages but apparently I dont have rights to update it as a company administrator, site collection administrator or owner of the site.

I too am frustrated by the latency of release of these features to the Gov tenants...my users ask about them (or I want to deploy them) and I don't even know when we will get them.

I believe someone was trying to add Government line items to the Office Roadmap site when the deployment is delayed from regular deployment, so we could try to track release, but I am not seeing many of these itemized and not with timeframes to release. :(

But am curious as some of these I have and wanted to see if you were seeing the same now (below). And one more to keep an eye on is SharePoint Hub (introduced at Ignite). I hope that it will be released with general release, but will see.

Outlook for iOS/Android: Sept. 2016  - I have been using this for a long time with my G account (and my personal accounts too).

Communication Sites: June 2017 - this was a little slow but this IS in the tenant. But it was not where I expect to see it. As the SharePoint Global Admin, I expected to see it as a template when I build a Site Collection...but actually found them in the SharePoint > + New Site and it gave the option for Team or Communication site. So this may actually be released.

ToDo: Apr. 2017 - I think I was able to back end into this, but no, it is not formally part of the tenant.

Outlook for iOS/Android: Sept. 2016  - I have been using this for a long time with my G account (and my personal accounts too).

Communication Sites: June 2017 - this was a little slow but this IS in the tenant. But it was not where I expect to see it. As the SharePoint Global Admin, I expected to see it as a template when I build a Site Collection...but actually found them in the SharePoint > + New Site and it gave the option for Team or Communication site. So this may actually be released.

ToDo: Apr. 2017 - I think I was able to back end into this, but no, it is not formally part of the tenant.

I too had users using the Outlook for Android/iOS app without issue, but an update to the app broke it and it has been broken ever since.

I still can't add a Communication site and can't access ToDo.

I saw an Ignite broadcast about Governement tenants and they were claiming that many of these apps will come in 2018. I'm not going to hold my breath.

One thing that really irks me is we are paying for the apps and yet they are a no show. 3 years now for Sway, and it's a presentation app!!