MS Project timesheet hours

Copper Contributor

In my organization we have people putting time in their timesheets to match the projects they worked on.

This data is then pulled in a timesheet report, where the hours come from their timesheets to see what they do every week.

However one issue I am getting, is that if someone acts as a delegate and puts hours in someone else's timesheet, the hours will appear under his name in the timesheet report.

Is there a work around for this issue?

1 Reply

@aghazalynot sure what your queries are since you didn't share, but here's how I'm doing it. Query the AssignmentTimePhasedDataSet, Projects, and Resources table. Assignments contains "actual work" (which come from time submitted via timesheets [we have "protected actuals" enabled"]). Link to information about the person from the resources table (like name, team, etc) by joining on Resource ID. Add in information about the assignment (like project name) by joining on the ProjectID.

As a partial example, here's the odata query I use against the assignments:

=OData.Feed("https://yoursitehere.sharepoint.com/sites/pwa/_api/ProjectData/AssignmentTimephasedDataSet?$select=P... ne 0 and TaskIsActive eq true",null,[Implementation="2.0"])