Home
%3CLINGO-SUB%20id%3D%22lingo-sub-571583%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3ESharePoint%202013%20-%20Unable%20to%20manage%20User%20Profile%20Connection%3C%2FLINGO-SUB%3E%3CLINGO-BODY%20id%3D%22lingo-body-571583%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3E%0A%20%26lt%3Bmeta%20http-equiv%3D%22Content-Type%22%20content%3D%22text%2Fhtml%3B%20charset%3DUTF-8%22%20%2F%26gt%3B%3CSTRONG%3EFirst%20published%20on%20TECHNET%20on%20Jul%2027%2C%202016%20%3C%2FSTRONG%3E%20%3CBR%20%2F%3E%20Hello%20All%2C%20%3CBR%20%2F%3E%20%3CBR%20%2F%3E%20Recently%20working%20with%20a%20customer%20on%20an%20issue%26nbsp%3Band%20since%20we%20found%26nbsp%3Bthe%20solution%2C%20I%20want%20to%20post%20it%20here%20since%20it%20took%20us%20a%20bit%20of%20digging%20to%20find%3A%20%3CBR%20%2F%3E%20%3CBR%20%2F%3E%20Symptoms%3A%20%3CBR%20%2F%3E%20%3CBR%20%2F%3E%20From%20the%20server%20we%20were%20unable%20to%20manage%20the%20User%20Profile%20Connections%20ie%20Could%20not%20add%20a%20filter%20%3CBR%20%2F%3E%3CDIV%3E%3CIMG%20src%3D%22https%3A%2F%2Ftechcommunity.microsoft.com%2Ft5%2Fimage%2Fserverpage%2Fimage-id%2F113601iB5A4FF3FE6A7C2FB%22%20%2F%3E%3C%2FDIV%3E%3CBR%20%2F%3E%3CDIV%3EFrom%20a%20PC%20we%20could%20manage%20the%20User%20Profile%20Connection%3C%2FDIV%3E%3CBR%20%2F%3E%3CP%3E%3CIMG%20src%3D%22https%3A%2F%2Ftechcommunity.microsoft.com%2Ft5%2Fimage%2Fserverpage%2Fimage-id%2F113602iB53E5CF7CC872473%22%20%2F%3E%3C%2FP%3E%3CBR%20%2F%3E%20We%20looked%20at%20permissions%2C%20problems%20with%20sync%20service%2C%20and%20a%20bunch%20of%20other%20things.%20%3CBR%20%2F%3E%20%3CBR%20%2F%3E%20As%20it%20turned%20out%20the%20solution%20was%20simple%2C%20while%20I%20was%20digging%20thru%20ULS%20logs%20trying%20to%20find%20the%20permission%20issue%20it%20was%20an%20IE%20issue.%26nbsp%3B%20By%20adding%20the%26nbsp%3BURL%20to%20the%20Compatibility%20View%20Settings%20(Go%20to%20IE%20-%26gt%3B%20Settings%20-%26gt%3B%20Compatibility%20View%20Settings)%20we%20fixed%20the%20issue.%20%3CBR%20%2F%3E%20%3CBR%20%2F%3E%20This%20was%20the%20site%20where%20I%20originally%20found%20the%20solution%20%3CA%20href%3D%22https%3A%2F%2Fsharepointthing.wordpress.com%2F2013%2F10%2F09%2Fproblem-with-sharepoint-2013-and-internet-explorer-11%2F%22%20target%3D%22_blank%22%20rel%3D%22nofollow%20noopener%20noreferrer%20noopener%20noreferrer%22%3E%20https%3A%2F%2Fsharepointthing.wordpress.com%2F2013%2F10%2F09%2Fproblem-with-sharepoint-2013-and-internet-explorer-11%2F%20%3C%2FA%3E%20%3CBR%20%2F%3E%20%3CBR%20%2F%3E%20Pax%20%3CBR%20%2F%3E%3CDIV%3E%0A%20%20%3C%2FDIV%3E%3CBR%20%2F%3E%20%3CBR%20%2F%3E%20%3CBR%20%2F%3E%3C%2FLINGO-BODY%3E%3CLINGO-TEASER%20id%3D%22lingo-teaser-571583%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3EFirst%20published%20on%20TECHNET%20on%20Jul%2027%2C%202016%20Hello%20All%2CRecently%20working%20with%20a%20customer%20on%20an%20issue%26nbsp%3Band%20since%20we%20found%26nbsp%3Bthe%20solution%2C%20I%20want%20to%20post%20it%20here%20since%20it%20took%20us%20a%20bit%20of%20digging%20to%20find%3ASymptoms%3AFrom%20the%20server%20we%20were%20unable%20to%20manage%20the%20User%20Profile%20Connections%20ie%20Could%20not%20add%20a%20filterFrom%20a%20PC%20we%20could%20manage%20the%20User%20Profile%20ConnectionWe%20looked%20at%20permissions%2C%20problems%20with%20sync%20service%2C%20and%20a%20bunch%20of%20other%20things.%3C%2FLINGO-TEASER%3E%3CLINGO-LABS%20id%3D%22lingo-labs-571583%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3E%3CLINGO-LABEL%3ECompatibility%3C%2FLINGO-LABEL%3E%3CLINGO-LABEL%3Econnection%3C%2FLINGO-LABEL%3E%3CLINGO-LABEL%3EManage%3C%2FLINGO-LABEL%3E%3CLINGO-LABEL%3Eprofile%3C%2FLINGO-LABEL%3E%3CLINGO-LABEL%3Esharepoint%202013%3C%2FLINGO-LABEL%3E%3C%2FLINGO-LABS%3E
First published on TECHNET on Jul 27, 2016
Hello All,

Recently working with a customer on an issue and since we found the solution, I want to post it here since it took us a bit of digging to find:

Symptoms:

From the server we were unable to manage the User Profile Connections ie Could not add a filter

From a PC we could manage the User Profile Connection


We looked at permissions, problems with sync service, and a bunch of other things.

As it turned out the solution was simple, while I was digging thru ULS logs trying to find the permission issue it was an IE issue.  By adding the URL to the Compatibility View Settings (Go to IE -> Settings -> Compatibility View Settings) we fixed the issue.

This was the site where I originally found the solution https://sharepointthing.wordpress.com/2013/10/09/problem-with-sharepoint-2013-and-internet-explo...

Pax