By: Christopher Scott (CJ)
As a SCCM Engineer we have all experienced the pains of navigating through report after report trying to culminate enough data to provide an accurate representation of our environments’ patch status. As a Premier Field Engineer (PFE) at Microsoft the task has not gotten any easier. I get asked by a lot of customers about custom Power BI dashboards and reports that are available or can be created for SCCM administrators, managers, and stake holders alike.
The Configuration Manager Advanced Compliance (CMAC) reports have been created within Microsoft by a few PFE’s along with myself who form part of the development team with Lead Christopher Sugdinis.
The Configuration Manager Advanced Compliance (CMAC) reports are designed to offer:
The CMAC solution (Configuration Manager Advanced Compliance) delivers a scalable, data-driven reporting overview of the System Center Configuration Manager environment.
This solution consists of a rich set of dashboards designed to deliver an executive view of compliance. At the same time, CMAC also provides granular, drill through reports that provide all metrics necessary for validation and correction.
Native Configuration Manager Reports are not replaced with this solution, the CMAC solution amplifies the data they show by providing additional data insights while incorporating custom blacklist filtering techniques.
The dashboards in this solution were created based on field experience and on customers’ needs to provide an overall view of various Configuration Manager functionality. The embedded charts and graphics provide details across the entire infrastructure.
Key Features and Benefits
The CMAC solution consists of a single executive style dashboard that provides a series of drill- through reports designed to provide validation and ease of remediation:
The CMAC offering is supported on currently support releases of Configuration Manager Current Branch. Subscription based maintenance ensures supportability, feature parity and improvements alongside SCCM CB releases and Windows 10 CB releases alike.
Already have, or are considering Configuration Manager Advanced Dashboards (CMAD)? That’s great, while CMAD offers a wide range or reports over the entire SCCM data schema here are some areas that don’t overlap but complement each other.
Already have, or are considering Configuration Manager Client Health (CMCH)? That’s great as well. CMAC is designed from the ground up to integrate with CMCH.
This is a three-day remote engagement. Roughly 25% of the time is focused on the installation of prerequisites such as Power BI Report Server and the basic Advanced Compliance installation. The remaining 75% of the engagement is focused on custom tuning of blacklisting rules, data review, and training walkthroughs to insure true alignment of the unique compliance needs in your environment. Key areas include:
The introduction of this solution has allowed SCCM Administrators to get a better view of the state of their SCCM environments.
So, you ask how do we get these Dashboards??
If you are a Microsoft Premier customer, you can reach out to your TAMs to request a demo from the CMAC dev team and to ask delivery questions!!
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.