SOLVED

Notification to Teams on News added

Copper Contributor

Hi,

We have our new SharePoint site working well, and on the landing page, we have a NEWS web part.

When someone (only 2 people can) adds a new item to the news, I would like to send a notification to a teams group, telling them this has been done. Thus keeping them interested and coming back to the site. This would ideally need to work for a 'page' news item or a 'link' news item.

I can not find a template, and can not find the elements to make this flow.

Can somebody help guide me in the right direction?

Many thanks in advance

5 Replies

Hi @DeveloperCYT 

You could try setting up a flow using When a file is created (properties only) as a trigger.

capture20190917124139445.png

Point it to Site Pages > SitePages and any new pages created should trigger the flow (Site pages will need to be a custom value).

I've also included a connector for sending the message to a channel in Teams (you can set the subject under Show advanced options).

capture20190917123944379.png

Note that with this method the message gets posted quickly and may come out with the temporary page name instead of the final one as I have used Link to item.

If all you want them to do is be notified of a new update, you can leave out Link to item and simply have the message go up with a link to your SharePoint site.

Hope this makes sense? See how you go and let me know if this works for you?

Cheers

Damien

best response confirmed by DeveloperCYT (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi again @DeveloperCYT 

Just had a think about refining it a bit more so here's something to try if you are only looking for news items:

capture20190917125409696.png

This way if you create regular pages, it can ignore them via the condition and only pick up on News pages.

Cheers

Damien

Thanks for this, much appreciated @Damien Rosario 

Happy to help, @DeveloperCYT.

Best wishes!

Damien

Can a flow be setup so that the notification is only sent to site followers?
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by DeveloperCYT (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi again @DeveloperCYT 

Just had a think about refining it a bit more so here's something to try if you are only looking for news items:

capture20190917125409696.png

This way if you create regular pages, it can ignore them via the condition and only pick up on News pages.

Cheers

Damien

View solution in original post