Removing Person who has left company

Iron Contributor

How to remove the old members from showing inside planner?  For example a person who has left the company.  I’ve removed them from the group … but in planner, I still see them.  I also tried removing all closed cards in the hopes they would disappear if there are old cards.  But, it still didn’t work. 

Ideas?

5 Replies
Have you tried to remove the user from the underlying Group?

After removing the user from Group you need to reassign all tasks to another user or delete those tasks. Once this is done, the user will be removed automatically from the Plan. If the user is not automatically removed from the Plan after removed from Group, it assumes that still there are some tasks left assigned (Open / Closed task). The best way to find out those tasks is login to Planner as that user go to 'My Tasks' and reassign all tasks listed there.  I have tested this case and it worked perfectly. 

Hi @Ryan Stone, Have you tried this? Let me know if this worked. 

Thanks for the great response. I searched and found it right away and it made sense and worked perfectly.
I also noticed that even though the removed person can still see the tasks they were assigned they did not have access to attachments on the task that were uploaded to the library. This is perfect. Also when removing a person you can change the view of the plan in the right corner to "assigned to' and just drag any tasks away from the person that was removed from the group and into the column for another member.
Thanks..... Glad that it worked for you.