SOLVED

Planner Stored

Brass Contributor

Where is everything that is created in Planner stored? I thought that it would be in the Office 365 Group's OneDrive, but I don't see anything inside of there.

5 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Not something I have looked into but according to this, here is how it works:

Where’s the data held?

Office 365 splits plan data across a number of repositories. The plan metadata is held in an Azure-based service while the comments for tasks within a plan are stored in the Exchange Online mailbox for the Office 365 Group associated with the plan. Documents and other attachments are held in the SharePoint Online document library belonging to the same Office 365 Group.

Thanks Cian for the answer.

As useful as Tony's article on WITPro is, MS should have this documented for customers to be assured of where the data is stored so that they can fully understand it. All I can find is a Microsoft Answers thread that ironically links back to Tony's article as the source of the info.

@Cian Allner the link is wrong!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Not something I have looked into but according to this, here is how it works:

Where’s the data held?

Office 365 splits plan data across a number of repositories. The plan metadata is held in an Azure-based service while the comments for tasks within a plan are stored in the Exchange Online mailbox for the Office 365 Group associated with the plan. Documents and other attachments are held in the SharePoint Online document library belonging to the same Office 365 Group.

View solution in original post