Microsoft Planner for iPhone and Android now available!

Microsoft

Big news today: https://blogs.office.com/2017/05/31/announcing-the-microsoft-planner-mobile-app-for-iphone-and-andro...

Planner mobile apps are here!

Announcing-the-Microsoft-Planner-mobile-app-1.png

I'm interested to hear your likes and dislikes about the app. The product team uses your feedback to build the best product possible, so the more the better : ) 

56 Replies

The iOS update should publish today or tomorrow. I was mistaken before about timing - I got ahead of myself a little! Apologies.

Thanks for this. I have been waiting for this update ever since Planner was launched. There is a bit of an issue with data correctness on my mobile version. I have around 10 tasks assigned to me on various plans ( created via teams ). When I go to my tasks on the web version I see 10 tasks. However when I try this planned app for my tasks, it is only showing me 3 tasks. For some reason it is not syncing up all the data. This is making the mobile version unusable.

Just recieved it here, login now works!

Thank @Dave Heller !

Also working for us now - thanks for the app update!

I confirm it works too. Nice.

Working now with Okta- thanks for the update!

I have the same issue. Upon launching the MS Planner android app, it prompts me to ENROLL on an already enrolled device. Anybody there to address my query please?

would it be possible to file a ticket? I haven't heard of many instances of this

I created a ticket last week. With Intune support the probelm was easy solved. Add the user with the device to a seperate group which is not handled with Intune. Intune-integration for planner and To-Do is in development.

Problem solving:

PROBLEM: 

Unable to access Microsoft Planner and Microsoft To-Do application on an android device which is already enrolled

RESOLUTION: 

As per the discussion with senior technical teams, it seems that To-Do does not yet support MDM for O365 and Intune enrolled devices. Please refer to below mentioned blog for the same:

https://todosupport.helpshift.com/a/microsoft-to-do/?s=troubleshooting&f=why-can-t-i-log-in-on-my-in...

As of now no such ETA is defined, however Microsoft To-Do team is actively working on fixing this in order to add support for MDM for O365 and Intune enrolled devices.

Intune integration in Planner mobile app for Android is still in-development. Please refer to the below mentioned blog:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_o365admin-mso_dep365/planner-app-for-and...

https://blogs.office.com/2017/05/31/announcing-the-microsoft-planner-mobile-app-for-iphone-and-andro...

Hence as of now Microsoft Planner and Microsoft To-Do application is accessible on the devices which are not enrolled with MDM for O365 or Intune.

In order to access Microsoft Planner and Microsoft To-Do application on your managed device, added the "<name>MDM" group (on which MDM policy was deployed) in the exclusion list of MDM so that MDM policies will be bypassed.

Followed the below mentioned steps in order to add the users in exclusion list of MDM:

• Login to portal.office.com
  • Navigate to Admin Centers =>  Security & Compliance =>  Data Loss prevention =>  Device Security Policy =>  Click on Manage organization-wide device access settings
  • Under Are there any security groups you want to exclude from access control =>  Click on "+" sign and add the affected user groups on which MDM security policy applied => Add =>  Ok

Success!

Awesome, it worked like a charm for me!!!
I agree... even though we are in the EXTREME minority, just throw together a UWP for planner for consistency and then we don't have to rely on tasks.office.com from Windows Phone.

Looks like plans from groups created in Yammer does not show up in the iOS-app

is there a windwos 10 mobile app for this.

UWP is on Microsoft Planner Roadmap, refer the earlier reply from Dave Heller in this post.

One of the things our users are noticing is that if the group was created in Yammer and they are using planner with it, it does not show in the planner app. The tasks do when assigned to that person but not the top level stub.

Also you cannot favorite a Yammer Planner (what a mouth full haha). Well you can but it doesn't stick.

Otherwise I like the app, well done.

The same as mentioned before. Plans created from Teams don't show up in Planner-app.
And, it seems that on tasks.office.com it shows the first Plan created in a team, but none of the other. So if we have several plans (or if you create one, remove it, and create another). The only way to access it is from Teams.
Without the sync I end up using the Trello integration even if Planner could be good :(