SOLVED

Show Notifications On Top. Option was there and now it's gone...

Steel Contributor

Not sure how to get a hold of someone over at Uservoice but please see this:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/322590-outlook-2016-for-windows/suggestions/18000706-provide-an...

This option was rolled out a few weeks back and worked great.  All of a sudden the option just went missing.  No update on the UV page so not sure if something broke or what.  Does anyone know anything about this?  I had the checkbox on my machine and when I checked yesterday, the box is gone.

Thanks

3 Replies

Hm, they probably run into some issue and revoked the change (scary, but they can actually control some features server-side now). @Julia Foran might know more.

best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Hi all,

It was not intentional to turn off the new feature. We've taken a look and made sure the feature is back on for everyone who had it before - Office365 subscription customers on Monthly Channel (Version 1803 or newer). Users will need to restart Outlook, up to 3 times, for the feature to be re-enabled.

Mike, can I ask you to reply back and confirm if this is now working for you as before?

Apologies to anyone who was affected by this; thanks so much for reporting!

Thanks,

Jenn Lu (PM on the Outlook for Windows team)

Thanks.

I closed and reopened Outlook and the checkbox is back now.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Hi all,

It was not intentional to turn off the new feature. We've taken a look and made sure the feature is back on for everyone who had it before - Office365 subscription customers on Monthly Channel (Version 1803 or newer). Users will need to restart Outlook, up to 3 times, for the feature to be re-enabled.

Mike, can I ask you to reply back and confirm if this is now working for you as before?

Apologies to anyone who was affected by this; thanks so much for reporting!

Thanks,

Jenn Lu (PM on the Outlook for Windows team)

View solution in original post