SOLVED

Outlook client tasks sharedmailbox

Copper Contributor

We have a user who has Fullaccess on a sharedmailbox. When a users flags an email, the email does not show in the task pane of the outlook Client.

Hower it does show in the /owa/<sharedmailbox.domain.com>

Is there a way to get this working?

4 Replies

How is the shared mailbox added to Outlook? As long as it's added as additional account (via File -> Add account), any flagged messages should appear in the Todo list on the Task pane.

@Vasil Michev Thank you for your response. This user has a delegation on the sharedmailbox, so this is done trough auto mapping.

best response confirmed by S10-10 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I'm pretty sure this is by "design" for automapped mailboxes, configure it as additional account instead if you want to take advantage of this (and many other) features.

@Vasil Michev configuring shared mailboxes as additional accounts used to work for 1 or two shared mailboxes but I had bad experiences when configuring + 2 shared mailboxes as additional accounts.

Eventually I found out that creating a different outlook profile is the way to go to add multiple shared mailboxes with full functionnality.

Any thoughts on this?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by S10-10 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I'm pretty sure this is by "design" for automapped mailboxes, configure it as additional account instead if you want to take advantage of this (and many other) features.

View solution in original post