Outlook 2016 with MFA enabled MSA

Copper Contributor

Hi All

Please can someone assist?

I have Office 2016 32bit running on Windows 7 32bit

I had some archives on a separate drive which crashed. I managed to retrieve one of my pst files. The drive is totaled. I have managed to copy the file to my Windows Drive.

Now when I try opening Outlook I get the following message: "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook windows. The set of folders cannot be opened. Your profile is not configured."

I have tried to delete the profile by going to Control Panel > Mail > Email Accounts, highlighting the email account - there is only one listed - and clicking "Remove" but I get the following message: " Before deleting the email account containing your personal mail, contacts, and calendar data, you must create a new location for your data. To create a new data location, open Account Settings dialog box, click the Data Files tab, then click Add."

The above process Email Accounts > Data Files and clicking Add gives the following message: " An unknown error occurred, error code 0x80070003." Through the advice on the internet I deleted the.ost file in an attempt to recreate my profile but this also proved fruitless.

So I uninstalled Microsoft Outlook 2016 32 bit and reinstalled it, but it results in the same situation.

I know that the mail in my account is not lost as the mail is delivered via an Exchange Server. If I log into my outlook profile via the internet I can read and respond to my mail.

Any assistance to resolve will be appreciated

3 Replies

So you had those PSTs added to the Outlook profile before the drive crashed? Have you tried to simply create a new profile from scratch? Any issues with that?

@DerrynOdayan Hello! You've posted your question in the Community Discussion space, which is intended for discussion around the Tech Community website itself, not product questions. I'm moving your question to the Outlook space - please post Outlook questions here in the future. 

@DerrynOdayan 

Try to open Outlook in Safe mode.... you may also try to check if latest updates are installed for Office 2016.

Thanks

RobinNishad