SOLVED

New Outlook on Web - Meeting - No more room lists

Copper Contributor

Hello,

We are noticing Room Lists are no longer appearing in the new Outlook Web experience when scheduling a meeting and searching a meeting room.

We created meeting room lists based on location and building so users can select a meeting room list based on the building they are working in and all available rooms in that building would appear.

This also makes the meeting rooms easier to navigate and book, without showing meeting rooms in different countries.

This is how it looked a few weeks earlier:

• Meeting room lists are browse-able

meeting_room_lists_before.png

This is how it looks right now:

• Meeting room lists no longer browse-able
  • Meeting room lists cannot be searched. Searching the exact room list by name fails to find any room list.
  • Only option is "All Rooms", which shows all meeting rooms from all countries and leaves the user with an huge list of available rooms they will probably never ever book, as they reside in a different country.

meeting_room_lists_now_1.png

meeting_room_lists_now_2.png

The Office Roadmap never listed this change.

Any assistance on this?

30 Replies
Hey Tim, that is definitely not the intended behavior. We had a fix for this deployed. Are you still seeing this in the tenant email address that you sent me before? If not please send me a private message with the email address so we can check what the issue is.
best response confirmed by vrod29 (Microsoft)
Solution

@vrod29 

Hello,

I've just tested it again and now the room lists seem to be displaying all of a sudden. Very happy about this, but I hope this is the case for all users.

Great to hear Tim. It should be working for all users now.

@vrod29 Unfortunately we are still not seeing any change in our tenant.

@vrod29 Its working now. Thanks.

@vrod29 we are having a similar issue.  Outlook on the web is not showing the rooms available, but the rooms show in win10 email client and outlook desktop.  Something you can do for our tenant to fix as well?  Thank you! Jeff

We have the same issue in our tenant. Just some rooms do not show in new GUI, but all is fine in old.
How we can fix it?

@Dzmitry82 Can you please open a support ticket? Our support engineers can take a look. 

Just fixed, looks like that list updated once a week.

@vrod29 

This is happening to me.  I opened up a support ticket yesterday and spoke to the engineer who was going to research it and get back to me but so far that hasn't happened.  I just found this thread and copied it into the MS support ticket. 

Can you shed some light as to what is happening?  The last post in this thread seems to indicate that the room lists for Outlook on the Web only gets updated once a week.  That isn't great, but if that's the rule can it be publicized?  I want to point out that this also negatively affects the Outlook App (at least on IOS), which is also not seeing the new rooms and I believe it will be fixed when the Outlook on the Web is fixed.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

This is happening to me as well. Is the fix to be done per tenant, and this is not a missing feature on new outlook web? How can I get help on this?