Home

Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) is ruining Outlook.com

Sorry, but PSR has absolutely nothing to do with ATP .. Problem State Recorder - captures the screens and user action -- I would image that the Microsoft Technicians know that Abomination that is ATP looks like. 

Thanks.  I had no idea what PSR was or is.  I did observe M$ chugging away on my modem at every move in OUTLOOK and now I know what it is called.  A nice thing they did was to copy my new subdirectories I created on my Laptop access to mail (my preferred usage) to the on-line direct access.  That behavior might have a different program name and I can't worry about that.  M$ does what M$ wants!

The Messed up URLs for their security scheme is a pain.  When I mail to family or a retiree friend I use Verizon or Yahoo at their direct site to avoid all that junk.  At every reply the URL junk multiplies.

Everybody needs to push M$ for an opt-out button.

This wrapping of hyperlinks fails every time (as of 1/29/2019). If you can't fix this IMMEDIATELY, you need to turn it off.

If it's producing 503 errors when opening one of these links, this is a service incident that's being worked on and should soon be resolved.  

Thank you. Yes, the problem appears to have been resolved.

I still get a few 503 errors on sites sent by reliable retired engineers.  WORSE, my Outlook with my Outlook.com address Takes minutes to open up.  I am holding on to my WIN-7 laptop.  Is Microsoft squeezing me to update?

An engineer associate uses Outlook.net and his URLs do not get encrypted!  What a mystery.  Microsoft is the biggest virus in the world IMHO.

How do I turn it off.  I see no option.  In the upper right of the normal Outlook screen there is a "Coming Soon" switch of things to come.  That switch is OFF.  I just had to totally install a fresh Office 365 because I lost access to all 2019 emails.  I use Outlook.com on a WIN-7 HP laptop.  If I turn that switch ON, will it give me the fix in your later post?

Thanks for the interest.

Microsoft's fix was in its own infrastructure, not in the Outlook program on my desktop. Outlook is still "wrapping" hyperlinks, but they now work properly.

Do you have WIN-10?  That could make a difference.  Microsoft (M$) is not very helpful.

Yes, I run Windows 10 and Office 365 (Home or Personal).

I've been trying to get access to SSWUG.ORG for days now.  I wanted to watch a live presentation about SQL Server Setup.  All my attempts are blocked by a scan that never seems to complete.

I agree. As a result of this "feature" links never seem to load for me. Just disable the feature. Unfortunately I still cannot load links from emails already received.