Accept meeting request but don't send response

Iron Contributor

We use Office 2013 and have our Exchange online. It was brought to my attention recently that if a user accepts a meeting request but doesn't send the response the person arranging the meeting doesn't get any response from the user. The user thought that since this appear on their calendar as accepted that the meeting arranger would get that in the tracking info but just not clutter their email with responses. I investigated online and this seems to be the correct behavior. Why is there an option to accept and not send response since this doesn't notify the meeting arranger of the response? I think I need to send out some communication to our users about this behavior.

3 Replies

Well, imagine organizing a company-wide meeting, you would probably appreciate all those folks that don't want to sent you back an acceptance note and flood your inbox :) It doesn't personally bother me, but there's an open item on UserVoice with lots of votes for this: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/322590-outlook-2016-for-windows/suggestions/13424976-accept-do-...

@Julia Foran might also be interested.

There are ways to process these meeting responses so your inbox isn't flooded for company-wide meetings. Thanks for the link to the user voice. This will definitely be included as a Tip next week.
Thanks for the feedback! We have been watching this request on UserVoice and it's definitely something that's on our radar.