Home

Re: RE: Re: OCM encountered an error. Won't start.

Highlighted
Kat Wuethrich
Occasional Visitor

Welly Lee wrote:
Outlook Customer Manager is automatically installed for O365 Business Premium users. If you accidently deletes the add-in, it will be reinstalled within 24 hours

Started a O365 Business Premium free trial for a customer interested in OCM tool and I do not see it in the Outlook app.  Do you know if it is auto installed for the trial? 

3 Replies

Yes, it is automatically installed even if it's a trial subscription, but you might have to wait 24 hours until OCM is enabled on the mailboxes.

In the recent past, enabling First Release for Everyone was required to get OCM faster. Now I don't know if it's still required, but it can't hurt to do it anyway.

Hi Kat,

There might be a delay before OCM appears in the Outlook client. Meanwhile, please refer to the following to check if OCM is available to you.

1. Log into https://portal.office.com/account/#subscriptions, check if you have been assigned the OCM license.
    1705042.PNG
  2. Log into OWA, and go to General > Manage add-ins, check whether the Outlook Customer Manager is turned on as below:
    1705043.PNG
  3. Check if you have installed the correct Outlook version build via https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Outlook-Customer-Manager/quot-Your-Outlook-is-our-of-date-quo...

Thanks,

Lance

Hi Kat,

Have you referred to the information above? Can you share any update with us?

Thanks,

Lance

Related Conversations
OCM encountered an error. Won't start.
Brett Stacey  in  Outlook Customer Manager  on
3 Replies
How to migrate BCM 2010 to OCM 2016
Abdul Samad  in  Outlook Customer Manager  on
2 Replies
Backup's etc of OCM
Emil Klöfverskjöld  in  Outlook Customer Manager  on
3 Replies