SOLVED

SharePoint Online Team Sites - AutoMount

Brass Contributor

Hi All

The OneDrive for Business sync client GPO Team Site AutoMount feature still not available. Any ETA on GA?

Thanks

Chandrasekaran C N

71 Replies

@Murray Webber Same Issue there.

I am trying this out for last couple of days.

I have successfully get this initialised in File Explorer but now as I have made few changes its gone.

I hope not but I believe the GPO will have to be set to Computer Settings not User and would have to apply by Computer (host name). I will be able to confirm bit more over the weekend as I want to figure out what exactly is going on there.

Lacking a documentation there or a good blog.

@pgawronskiAny luck in your testing? I just started heavily testing it this week but, same as most others, no success and no indication of what's happening behind the scenes.

@emartian still testing but have some hints for you.

So for testings I have set 1 test user via Computer GPO and one user via User GPO. Both worked so doesn't matter, choose whichever suits your business.

Next I have set 5 sites/libraties in those GPOs to sync and Only 1 synced. The reason for that is the permisions which I am really pleased Microsoft gone that way with it.

This basically mean you can set as many sites in the GPO but the only ones which users have permisions to will sync.

To add permisions go to WEB GUI to Sharepoint -> Libraries -> Site Settings -> People and Groups and add test profiles there for library to sync. This may take up to 24 hrs for that to sync and couple reboots of the PC to update GPO and refresh the OneDrive client. (I hope this will be updated soon so it wont take so long).

Let me know if you need anything else.

Pawel

@pgawronski 

Thanks for the tips, but still no luck even after verifying Library permissions.

I've gone ahead and opened a ticket with Support. Hopefully they can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

@emartianI doubt they have any info on this .. but most time it's in your GPOs I had some GPOs that were conflicting when I was trying to enable Silent Sign on and Silent KFM.

you may have to try it in a test environment or do a GPO inventory to ensure there's not one preventing the other GPOs to work. 

just thought I'd share that..

@emartian as per @ColachoMendoza  suggested, I would try to see if GP Result does bring anything.

Unfortunately I have to wish you good luck with support as they literally reading from the scope and PDFs to get your respond.

Regarding GPO choose one PC only to start with.
1. Remove current GPO you have created for OneDrive libraries sync.

2. Create separate new policy.

3. Ensure that in SECURITY FILTERING (SCOPE TAB) of this policy you only have user or PC you are testing this for or both for testing purposes.
4. Ensure that on Delegation Tab you have "Authenticated users" in READ only mode

5. Edit policy in Computer and User to add your Libraries where Value Name is any name you want this setting doesn't matter as it wont be applied anywhere it just so you know which library it is, VALUE field is for your sync key from Share Point.

6.Close GPO go to PC you want to sync. run gpupdate /force

7. Wait 24 hrs

8. You should be good (Subject to correctly copied key from SharePoint).

Let me know if you have any questions.

Pawel

@ColachoMendoza - Have you worked out the permissions settings yet?

I have granted myself FULL access in the documents library and still having a "Padlock" sign next to he folders within the shared library?

Pawel

@pgawronskiyou might need to review other pre-requisites you may be missing.

I also had that permissions issue and had to grant permissions individually to users per Library. You may even have to stop inheriting permissions here's more about permissions that should help: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/customize-permissions-for-a-sharepoint-list-or-library-02d7...

@ColachoMendoza cool, do you remember if the permissions is a live change? or you have to wait 24hrs for that to update on client?

Pawel

@pgawronski Yes, those permissions changes are Live in fact. Once I tested the SharePoint Migration tool and there was a permissions change when I migrated a folder all my Sharepoint library became read only. I wonder if that's what's happening to you. I had to break the Inheritance and all went back to normal. (there were other changes at that time such as Custom Scripts <-- that takes 24hrs to enable)

Glad you've made some progress on this. I'm still having zero luck still. Moreover:

• I have removed and recreated the GPO several times. No change.
  • I've tried as both Computer and User Configuration. No change.
  • I've clicked "Sync" manually, and can confirm that my account has all the access needed, and that it works perfectly... I just can't do it via Auto-Mount.
  • I've tried several Document Libraries, without any difference.
  • I've looked at all my GPOs, and can't see any that conflict or would cause issues.
  • So I'm also trying my luck with a support case. So far, three weeks of remote control sessions and lots of "ummm, ahhh, can I call you back?". Heck, at first, I had to send them the documentation and Microsoft Mechanics video so they could figure out what this feature even was.

This is all pretty frustrating.

@Murray Webber  are those devices Azure AD domain joined or On Prem AD Domain joined? I just found out certain features are meant to work only Azure Domain Joined (Only) I can't say this feature that you are testing is one of them but I am asking you to tell those Support guys to verify this for you since you may still have a case open with Support hopefully with the Escalations team (NT)

All the test devices, to date, are Hybrid-joined. To be more clear, they are AD-Joined and then have done their magic via the Automatic Device Registration Service. That being said, the examples of TeamSite Auto-Mount, as shown in the docs and Microsoft Mechanics videos, are definitely based on Group Policy and AD... so this should be working for us.

Same boat, I can sync manually. But GPO is just not working...............

@Christian Taveras 

Can you confirm if you have the below in your test environment?
OneDrive: 19.103.0527.0003 (July 15, 2019)
Windows OS build: 18362.239 (Version: 1903)

Also my PCs are Azure Domain Joint.

Pawel

Same issue here. Been testing with hybrid devices and GPO and in the past few days I'm trying my luck with a Azure AD joined device/user. I notice the policies reach my register and I see the settings in my OneDrive. InTune successfully pushes Files-On-Demand, SilentAutoConfig, Silently move known folders, insiders sync-ring, etc... Everything works except the AutoMount feature. Running Win10-1903.

@mronsmans I wouldnt mix intune and GPO you either use one or another not both.

Here is my info.
OneDrive: 19.126.0627.0002
Windows OS build: 1903 (18362.207)
All PCs are Azure Hybrib Joined.

@Christian Taveras Have you copied GPO (AMDX files from this version)?

@pgawronski Yep running Windows 10 May 2019 Update (1903)