• 36.7K Members
  • 833 Online
  • 7,129 Conversations
Home

Read Only (Padlock Icon) files - OFDB 17.3.6743.1212

Occasional Contributor

Read Only (Padlock Icon) files - OFDB 17.3.6743.1212

I am currently using the ODFB preview client 17.3.6743.1212 to sync a single group and a single SharePoint online document library.  The Office 365 group library is working as expected but all the documents stored in the SharePoint library have a green padlock.  When I open any of the documents, I am informed that this is an offline copy and the document is read only.

Has anybody else experienced the same behaviour?  I assume if I deleted and re-synced it might solve the problem, but that’s not a viable solution after the sync tool has been deployed to many users.

See more topics labeled with:

5 Replies

Re: Read Only (Padlock Icon) files - OFDB 17.3.6743.1212

Hi I have the same issue did you resolve it?

[ Edited ]

The reason could be the following:

"When syncing libraries that require check out, or libraries with required columns or metadata, the files are synced as read-only. If you do make changes to these files, the changes will not be synced back to Office 365." from https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Get-started-syncing-SharePoint-sites-with-the-new-OneDrive-...

That was the problem, thank you!

Thank you Salvatore, my files do fall into this category, do you know if Microsoft have any plans to fix the 'know issues'?  We have many document libraries where we have required metadata, so this will impact our users if its not fixed before the client hits GA. 

I have not heard of a specific committment by MS to solve this problem. But shortly (before the end of the month) the new OneDrive client should reach GA and we will see...