External Sharing Notifications for OneDrive - Not working

Copper Contributor

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/turn-on-external-sharing-notifications-for-onedrive-b640c69...

I have users who want to get the notification when "an external user accepts an invitation to access their files".  The above article shows that it is possible.  We have the settings checked as they are above but no emails are being sent.

Any thoughts?

5 Replies
TBH I don't think this has ever worked, at least not since the new Sharing Link methods have come into play.

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay in responding here. The notifications are only triggered on the legacy external sharing flow. I'll make sure this gets documented as I've seen this come up a few times. Thanks for flagging!

Stephen Rice

OneDrive Program Manager II

Has this been addressed? We are considering replacing some vendor specific file sharing software with OneDrive but it has to have the same features competitors are using like limited access to shared files and notifications when the shared file is accessed by external users and changes to files that are editable.

We are also looking for this functionality before we move from Citrix Sharefile.

What has been addressed? I recommend starting a new thread with your requirements in a little more detail to each requirement and we can follow up.