SOLVED

Disable "read-only" settings on files in a synched library?

Copper Contributor

I'm an adminstrator to our entire Sharepoint site Collection, and I'm trying to sync libraries to my Explorer, which works fine, but for some reason they're "read-only" which means I cant do anything with the files, except read them, which is no use. 

How do I change that for myself and my users so that we can change documents through Explorer?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Robert_Elgstrand (Copper Contributor)
Solution

From the documentation:

If you have libraries with Checkout, Required or Validation columns or metadata, or when Draft Item Security is set to either Only users who can edit or Only users who can approve items in Version Settings of the library:

• For SharePoint document libraries, these items will be synchronized as read-only.

• For OneDrive libraries, OneDrive will show a lock icon ( 

) next to the sync status and the user will not be able to synchronize the library until the mentioned settings have been removed. 

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/invalid-file-names-and-file-types-in-onedrive-onedrive-for-...

Thanks a lot, didn't know that. You learn something new every day!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Robert_Elgstrand (Copper Contributor)
Solution

From the documentation:

If you have libraries with Checkout, Required or Validation columns or metadata, or when Draft Item Security is set to either Only users who can edit or Only users who can approve items in Version Settings of the library:

• For SharePoint document libraries, these items will be synchronized as read-only.

• For OneDrive libraries, OneDrive will show a lock icon ( 

) next to the sync status and the user will not be able to synchronize the library until the mentioned settings have been removed. 

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/invalid-file-names-and-file-types-in-onedrive-onedrive-for-...

View solution in original post