Confusion between SharePoint and OneDrive (again)

Copper Contributor

After a Windows 10 System Restore destroyed my main computer preventing me from logging in, I'm trying to restore from backup images, cloud, etc.

It appears I'm missing files when searching backup locations on OneDrive for Business. I thought OneDrive was deleting files that were newer than the ones from the backup restore, so I stopped syncing. 

But I also realize I'm confused by the URL I see when accessing OneDrive in a browser (Chrome) which looks like this:

https://domain-my.sharepoint.com/personal/dave_domain_onmicrosoft_com/_layouts/15/onedrive.aspx?view...

Could well be bad memory but I don't remember seeing "sharepoint" or "personal" or the other stuff. I thought the URL looked more like it does in Windows Explorer: "OneDrive - Company Name Inc." and that's it.

Guess I'm hoping that I can't find files because I'm looking in the wrong place... more SharePoint than OneDrive.

I've now lost days trying to get back on track. Any help or guidance would be immensely appreciated.

1 Reply

The Url you are looking at is correct and has always been like that. But regarding your restore it seems your onedrive did not sync. as you mentioned you had a auth issue this could be a problem why it did not sync as well.