SOLVED

Admin console for ODFB?

Deleted
Not applicable

The recent Gartner Magic Quadrant report for Electronic File Syncing and sharing says, "Development plans for a new OneDrive admin console are underway."

https://www.gartner.com/doc/reprints?id=1-3C3UKHH&ct=160721&st=sb&hsCta

What's the scoop on this? Can't happen a moment too soon from my viewpoint.

11 Replies
First time I hear about an admin console for OneDrive...I hope someone from the team can share more information on that
best response
Solution

Yes, we are working on an admin portal dedicated to OneDrive administration. More details will be announced at Ignite next week. :)

Very exciting news! Looking forward to hearing all about it.
very nice!

Great that there's an announcement of this, which is very exciting, but what would be more useful is when will it be delivered to tenants?

@Gaurav Doshi wrote:

Yes, we are working on an admin portal dedicated to OneDrive administration. More details will be announced at Ignite next week. :)

Cool, great news!

Fingers crossed you will provide capability for full restore of a user's OneDrive. If a virus like CryptoLocker infect files in locally synced OneDrive today then user will have to manually restore them file by file in web UI. A know some customers that consider this a show stopper.

You can find more news about the OneDrive Console on the announcements done yesterday at Ignite: http://blogs.office.com/2016/09/26/sharepoint-online-sync-preview-headlines-ignite-announcements-for...

Is there any news about this subject? At ignite they told that it will be launched late in 2016? Are there any new updates or maybe a release date/

Sorry, but there are not any news about this :(
Some updates here: you can check on the roadmap that the new console will be released in First Release this month and GA is expected to Jannuary
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

View solution in original post