Publisher App isn't showing up

Brass Contributor

Hi,

I have a customer running Office 365 under CSP. They're currently licensed for Office 365 E3 licenses. As part of E3, client is entitled with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook, Publisher and related apps. My issue is we cannot see publisher app tile in Office 365 as well as offline installation of Office 2016 using Office 365. Has anyone seen this issue and what's the best way to fix it? I can't see Publisher in Office 365 tile as well as offline installation on all 1500+ seats deployment. I have attached a screenshot of Microsoft E3 license details from https://products.office.com/en/business/office-365-enterprise-e3-business-software

5 Replies

You are right Publisher should be part of Office 365 ProPlus that comes with the E3 licences, it's right there in the service description as well,

Just to rule it out, is it possible this is a centrally managed deployment that has excluded Publisher in the configuration file with '<ExcludeApp ID="Publisher" />', as that would do what you are describing I believe?  It would be worth confirming how ProPlus is being deployed and how it's configured.

Can you also doublecheck, it definitely not even installed at <drive letter>:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\MSPUB.EXE?  You could try an Online Repair as a test, not sure if that honours a previous ExcludeApp setting and will restore Office back to defaults.

Yes we do have centralzied managed deployement through SCCM. My issue isn't ProPlus deployment on end users machine. I'm concern becasue user can't see Publisher tile in Office 365 web portal as well although they've an E3 license assigned. Something is missing here that's causing a lot of issues.

@Riaz Javed Butt wrote:

I'm concern becasue user can't see Publisher tile in Office 365 web portal as well although they've an E3 license assigned. Something is missing here that's causing a lot of issues.

There isn't a Publisher Online, it's just Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and Visio - Office Online Service Description.

I have an E3 tenant of mine and i can see publisher tile on my E3 tenant. The only difference is my tenant isn't a CSP tenant. I'll check on this again and update you. Thanks.

Our SCCM team excluded the publisher from their installation file :(