Visio 2016 MAK auto activation issue

Copper Contributor

I am trying to install Visio 2016 Standard MAK with Office 365 ProPlus 2016 however it will not activate. The reason for installing MAK is that my organisation does not want to upgrade the licence to Office 365 Visio 2016 (that you assign a licence through the portal).

I get the following error in the account tab of Visio.

tech.png

I am using these Microsoft instructions to do the install:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Use-the-Office-Deployment-Tool-to-install-volume-licensed-e...

I have the following in my config.xml

<Configuration>

<Add OfficeClientEdition="32" Channel="Deferred">

<Product ID="VisioStdXVolume" PIDKEY="xxxxx-xxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx">

<Language ID="en-us"/>

</Product>

</Add>

<Display Level="None" AcceptEULA="TRUE" />

<Updates Enabled="FALSE" AutoUpgrade="FALSE" />

<Logging Level="Standard" Path="C:\Temp" />

<Property Name="FORCEAPPSHUTDOWN" Value="TRUE"/>

<Property Name="PinIconsToTaskbar" Value="FALSE"/>

</Configuration>

I have tried entering the following for the PIDKEY:

• MAK key from the volume licence center
  • GVLK from the Microsoft document NY48V-PPYYH-3F4PX-XJRKJ-W4423
  • No PIDKEY

None of which correctly activate it to the KMS server.

If we use our MAK key and click “Activate over the internet” in Visio this works and reduces the number of MAK keys available correctly, but we don’t want users to have do this and it should be activating using our KMS server (which works for all our other Microsoft products).

4 Replies

Hi do you have some solution?

I have the same Problem. One time i successfully  install visio 2016 Standard volume licence with Office 365 (Office 2016) but another pc , i cannot make it.

We had this issue, initially we had to put the old version of visio onto the person machine, and install as normal as the 2016 version checks the install type and rejects the install if Click-to-run applications have been installed, but by installing the old version of visio + MAK that worked.

In the end we upgraded to the Office365 version of visio, basically because it was easier to manage and install.

Do you remember which Version do you install? 1705?

Unfortunately it was Visio 2010,14.0.4762.1000 ... hence the need to move to Office365 version