Using two different mail security products on O365

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

New to O365, oldhat at supporting MS products.  Due to the nature of the business, we will have to use Zix for some of our staff for email encryption.  We would also like to use ProofPoint for other staff who use a different mail domain.  Haven't signed up to either yet.

As outbound mail would be forwarded to those services for encryption, if we scope it by mail domain can I use both in my environment?  The easy thing would be to use Zix only as it's somewhat of a requirement for a portion of the staff, but hate being forced to use something.  Prefer to have options.

So doable with both or asking for trouble?

Thanks in advance,

Drazmon

1 Reply

You should be able to configure connectors and route the messages differently based on the sender (or recipient) domain. The devil is in the details of course, so I'd suggest setting up a test tenant and testing this.

Another point to make is that O365 offers hygiene and encryption solutions, some of which are included in the price of license (well, the expenise licenses). You can give those a try and see how they compare with your current solution.