Use of Office 365 Personal with Business Essentials license

Brass Contributor

Hi,

We have a use who has purchased Office 365 Personal subscription themselves using thier personal Microsoft account.

Can they use this installation of Microsoft Office to access their Exchange Online mailbox that will be part of the Business Essentials I provide this user or is that against the licensing agreement, or likely to create any problems?

Thanks

2 Replies
Business essentials says you can access the exchange license via desktop so they can access the mailbox fine from any other licensed version of Outlook.
I agree with Webb, just to make the clarify the whole question

A Microsoft Office installation has to be licensed, you have many ways to do that, one of them is to license it with an Office 365 Personal account.

An E-Mail account can be personal or business, the difference is that business accounts are managed centrally and you have to pay a small amount for that.

To access an E-Mail account hosted from Microsoft Gmail Yahoo or even on-premises you need a mail client, that client can be the Microsoft Outlook.

Now to bring all together, if you want to use your personal licensed Microsoft Outlook to access your business mail account you are free to do so, as well you are able to access your personal mail account by using your business client and that could be the Microsoft Outlook :)

I hope I could clarify that for you

Regards
Spikar