Thumbnails showing as lists and not showing images - does not look good!

Deleted
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

Any help you can offer on the below would be great!

1. The Site Pages are showing as attached with anything beyond three documents showing as a list of Site Pages rather than a page to click on. The settings are set to show 30 items and if I look at typical examples on the Microsoft guidance pages they show many more pages and no lists like this. I am seeking to create a page which looks more like the second image below – something cool! This is for Graduates to connect so needs to be appealing.
  2. On the same topic of ‘look’ each site page I create using web parts is not pulling through an image in the banner at the top as you’ll also see in the attached. This makes the page look unappealing at first glance.

I’ve spent some considerable time looking online to try and fix these problems but am failing to find the answers myself.

Thanks so much in advance!

Ffion

2 Replies
My 2 cents here:
For 1. just remove the default web part and use another one where you can add your custom links
For 2. Microsoft is rolling out some improvements in modern pages that will allow you to change the picture header on a modern page

Thanks that did help - now i have another problem, it's only displaying two Pages under Site Activity. Will post on that separately