The finnish word for June is mispelt within Outlook and Windows

Copper Contributor

Morning, To cut a long story short, i work on a helpdesk for a global company.

We have users in Finland who are reporting that the word for June that should be spelt 

kesäkuuta (correct spelling) is in actual fact spelt like kesäkuutata (incorrect) is there anything that can be done about this? If i had the source code I would try and change it myself.

thanks

8 Replies

Hi @Naz Uddin

(Thanks for looping me in @John Wynne)

@Naz Uddin - I want to help you get this resolved for your customers. In order to do that I need get this routed to the right team. It sounds like it could be coming from the Operating system (Outlook pulls some information from the OS in places) so I need some more details from you please (if it is not too much trouble):

Can you please tell me what version & build# of Windows they are using? (type winver in search and hit enter)

And also the version & build# of Outlook (From File | Office Account | About Outlook).

And if you could please provide some screenshots of where it occurs that would help me get it routed to the right team quicker also.

Thanks in advance!

Staff

Sorry about the delayed response, here is the information

Operating System: Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.125

Outlook 2016 MSO Version 1705 16.0.8201.2193 32bit

The issue seems to be in Outlook, not only is June spelt wrong, also August is... I have also attached some screen shots.

Apparantly if you search the web for the incorrectly mispelt words and outlook e.g. 

elokuutata outlook

There are loads of articles about it (in Finnish though)

elokuutata.jpgkesäkuutata.jpg

Thanks for this @Naz Uddin! Sorry for the late reply. We are following up with the relevant team. We believe it was a known issue that was fixed by an update. We will come back when we have more information. Regards, Staff 

Morning any updates with this job, its been months?

Hi @Naz Uddin

Sorry for not getting back sooner. We did investigate this, however, we cannot reproduce the issue on the latest builds of Finnish Office 365 & Finnish Windows 10. To help us further would you please be able to tell us the operating system and email program and build number (if an earlier or MSI version of Office) used by the sender of the ‘Forward/Reply’ messages, as there is a possibility the strings in those original emails are coming from another source?

Thanks

Staff

have you installed Windows 10 the FINNISH version?

Hi @Naz Uddin

Yes both Office 365 and Windows 10 were Finnish. 

Staff