Sync document library to public laptop

Copper Contributor

Hi!

I work in a small company where we do event security, safety and general staff. We use O365 for our fix staff, they all have an account.

For longer events we would like to setup a laptop that is used by the current chief of staff or supervisor to deal with check-in lists etc. The files are stored in a Sharepoint document library.

Now I would like to connect the OneDrive client on this laptop with the document library (and sync it) but also limit the access to only this one document library. If I sign in to the OneDrive client with my own account I can sync the document library but with only one click I can also sync my whole OneDrive. As different people will use this laptop it is not acceptable that they could access my personal OneDrive with one click.

Is there any solution to limit the access of the client?

2 Replies
What kinds of content is required by the non-fixed staff, and do the files need to be stored on the local machine?
You could look potentially at StaffHub for people to access files in this scenario.
Or if you do need to use a laptop, I'd suggest potentially having a dedicated account for O365 with an empty OneDrive but you use it to access the SharePoint library.
Thanks for the hints.
The files are basically Excel sheets. I need to store them locally because I process several things using VBA.
I will check out Staff Hub tomorrow.
I also had the idea with one empty account but I would apprechiate a solution without the need of paying for another account.