Skype forBusiness on Prem connectivity issue

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I hope some can help with the issue below:

I am getting an error in making audio and video calls between two users, when one is in the corporate network and the other on the outside network.

The following happens:

1. Calls between 2 users on separate network :

- logon tls ----- 11 seconds pass on the device connecting and the call drops.
    - reception of the call at the destination --------> the second Answer but the counter stays at 00: seconds and drops: with error of "Network issue"
  2. Calls made on the same network:
    - Two users within the corporate network: audio and video calls positive and successful.
    - Two users outside the corporate network: call positive and successful audio and video.
  3. Federation and Sip Domain Federation
    - Federation with public Skype: "can't find"
    - Sip domain Federation: test done with the Client:
       - Discovery: positive
      - Chat meeting: positive
    - Call Audio and Video: negative, It happens: the same as referred to in the first point.

Can some please help?

1 Reply

@cvvenancio19outlookc 

Quickly resolving this issue, you should do the following things:

1. Install Microsoft network monitor on Edge server, 2 clients (one inside corp network and one outside out corp network). Download URL https://www.microsoft.com/en-ph/download/details.aspx?id=4865

2. Start capturing on 3 points (2 clients and one edge) and then reproduce this issue (start audio call)

3. Save 3 Network monitor logs and 2 client logs (client logs should be at C:\Users\Usernamehere\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync, close SFB client and Outlook client, zip Tracing folder)

4. Reply to me for log analyzing. (Will check your log if I have time.)