1. I have about 4k users enabled for O/M 365 today
2. I am using group based licensing as of today to assign licenses to all users
3. Due to requirements in my org i already have upto 27 groups based on the services to be enabled for a group of users ?
4. I am finding it way to difficult and complex now to maintain and manage who has what
5. I worsen's when there is request for bulk users to be switched from category of license to another say from E3 to E5, i have ensure all E3 based groups user is a part of must also be switched to E5 based groups
6. Does Microsoft has any plans to come out with some UI to simplfy this or further more some PS way to make easier for admins to manage licensing
How about using Power App and Power BI combination to generate these details ? Can some body try this or has this combination be tried already, certainly will free from connecting to azure ad pswsh etc....
Of course it may be possible. However, I would say that if there was a great need for this then Microsoft would already have it, or there would be a third party who would have already developed it. You would have some options here
1.) Investigate, and if possible, develop it yourself 2.) Reach out to third party provider - simply do a search in your browser and several third parties should appear 3.) Raise a Uservoice at https://office365.uservoice.com/
Note there are lots of uservoices open to improve licence management so there could already be one in there. I see there is also requests to manage licences via templates to make them more easily manageable
However, despite all these ways to go, there does not appear to be a tool that you need that does this for free at the current time - not through Microsoft or via a Microsoft associated site such as the Technet Gallery.