Problems with Office 365 Sign In...anyone else having also problems?

MVP

All,

I'm seeing weird problems when trying to signin into Office 365...specifically when trying to access to the Admin Portal....anyone else having also these problems? I'm seeing the problem in a couple of tenants and even I can login in the Admin App, is not helping me to see if there is something wrong with Office 365 services cc @Tony Redmond @Vasil Michev

16 Replies

I just saw MS tweeing about the same. They are looking in to it and will provide update shortly.

Had a few issues earlier getting into the admin console - kept returning me to sign in page even though I was signed in.  Eventually sorted itself out after throwing up a error window. (sorry, didn't grab it).

Exactly same problem.

Something change in Portal Admin page and goes wrong

Cool! Thanks a lot!

Would it be possible for you to copy/paste the tweet link here, please?

Thanks in advance :)

I guess I'll need to get a Twitter account now for Office 365 status updates.

Um, same thing happening today?
Oh, and also for the account that was already logged in - I cannot access the Admin portal.
**bleep**, yes...having the issue now...I didn't have it this early this morning
Confirmed in at least two tenants

Yes , same problem today :( :(

Had this last Friday, then it was fixed, now back down again.

Well, some of the resources can still be accessed directly. For example to access OWA, use https://outlook.office.com/ and so on. Forget about accessing the Admin portal for the time being though :)

I can provide some general troubleshooting steps you can take if you're experiencing problems with signing into Office 365 or accessing the Admin Portal. However, keep in mind that my information is based on knowledge available up until September 2021, and the situation might have evolved since then. Here are some steps you can consider:

1. **Check Service Status**: Microsoft provides a Service Health dashboard that shows the current status of their services. You can check if there are any ongoing issues affecting Office 365 services in your region. The dashboard can be accessed through the Microsoft 365 admin center or the Microsoft 365 Service Health page.

2. **Clear Browser Cache and Cookies**: Sometimes, cached data and cookies in your web browser can cause sign-in issues. Clear your browser's cache and cookies, and then try signing in again.

3. **Try a Different Browser or Device**: Sometimes, browser-specific issues can occur. Try using a different web browser or a different device to see if the problem persists.

4. **Incognito/Private Browsing Mode**: Use the incognito or private browsing mode in your web browser to rule out any browser extensions or settings causing conflicts.

5. **Check Account Credentials**: Double-check that you're entering the correct username and password for your Office 365 account. Ensure that Caps Lock is not accidentally enabled.

6. **Password Reset**: If you suspect password-related issues, try resetting your password through the Microsoft account recovery process.

7. **Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)**: If you have two-factor authentication enabled, make sure you're following the correct authentication steps.

8. **Network Connection**: Ensure that your internet connection is stable and not experiencing any issues. Sometimes network problems can prevent you from accessing online services.

9. **Firewall and Security Software**: If you have security software or a firewall, they might be blocking access to Office 365 services. Temporarily disable them and try signing in.

10. **Contact Microsoft Support**: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, reach out to Microsoft Support for assistance. They can provide specific guidance based on your situation.

Since you mentioned that the problem is affecting multiple tenants, it might indicate a broader issue. Checking the Microsoft Service Health dashboard and reaching out to Microsoft Support would be advisable in this case.

Remember that technical issues can vary, and it's important to consider your specific circumstances. Additionally, my information might not be up-to-date with the latest developments, so be sure to consult the most recent resources available.