SOLVED

Preferred Mobile phone to utilize Office 365 and Outlook

Copper Contributor

I currently have an IPhone 6+ and ready to upgrade. It seems that IPhone and outlook do not integrate as well as I wished it would.

I am looking for opinions on whether the current IPhone8 or Galaxy8 or newer versions are better than the other when it comes to using outlook and 365 on a mobile phone. 

This would include Contacts, Email and Calendar

I am new to this sort of conversation and I hope I'm in the right area to ask

Your input would be appreciated

Thank you

11 Replies
best response confirmed by Danial Anderson (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I found Iphone to be a horrible enterprise device.  I recently graduated to a Galaxy and feel liberated and reborn. 

@Danial Anderson wrote:

I currently have an IPhone 6+ and ready to upgrade. It seems that IPhone and outlook do not integrate as well as I wished it would.

I am looking for opinions on whether the current IPhone8 or Galaxy8 or newer versions are better than the other when it comes to using outlook and 365 on a mobile phone. 

Thank you

Can you expanding on "do not integrate as well as I wish they would". What integration are you looking for that isn't there?

I use an iPhone and have been happy with the integration.

Maybe I can give you pointers as well that would help.

I wouldnt say there's really much difference between Apple and Android phones working with Office 365, the important point in both cases is to use the Microsoft apps (Outlook, OneDrive, OneNote, Teams, To-Do, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) rather than the phonew built in services for the best integrated experience.

Typically Microsoft's development is normally slightly ahead on iOS, but not by much.

I find exactly the opposite to be true. Android is ahead on iOS with MS apps.
Such as ? Outlook for iOS has the better inline replies than Android still.
I disagree with that as well.

How exactly? It's a fact that Oulook iOS has the new reply feature that isn't in Android yet, see https://youtu.be/NArbBkBEkj8?t=12s.

This is coming to Android in this new quarter, on the roadmap as Quick Reply at https://products.office.com/en-us/business/office-365-roadmap?filters=outlook,android

I need to better learn and utilize the iTunes store and sync my phone to my desk top. Yesterday it kept timing out.  

One other problem i have is only on my iPhone and iPad. My phone memorized phone numbers on my iPhone outlook. it does not provide a delete or X button to remove.

I was told to check my MAIL and iCloud backups, i did and these addresses are not to be found. 

Ill attach a picture of my iPhone and it shows me beginning to type the beginning of my email address and there is 30+ emails to me from our cloud service. I am unable to delete these off of my iPhone /Outlook. 

I tried attaching a picture but it will not accept.

Dan

2018-01-01 15.39.15.pngmemorized and cant erase from outlook on my iPhone.The iCloud mail does not have these memorized addressesmemorized and cant erase from outlook on my iPhone.The iCloud mail does not have these memorized addresses

i just figured out how to post a picture. its on a prior post

I just discovered on my surface pro the similar problem usingf the default MAIL and that this also has memorized email addresses that I can not delete. this wiould mean that its not necessarily an apple concern or there icloud.

the initials on my apple phone outlook are CA, on my surface pro Mail thety are CI

If anyone has a suggestion I would be happy to hear it. otherwise i'll continue my search for this source and find a way to eliminate them

this attached picture is from my surface pro, and the MAIL ( white envelope)

Screenshot 2018-01-02 20.20.06.png 

Dan

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Danial Anderson (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I found Iphone to be a horrible enterprise device.  I recently graduated to a Galaxy and feel liberated and reborn. 

@Danial Anderson wrote:

Thank you

View solution in original post