SOLVED

Possibility to raise the spam threshold for mailbox (Exchange online / Security & Compliance Center)

Steel Contributor

Hi folks,

i'm not really sure where to post my question. I'll try my very best:

We have the problem, that the last few days 2 mailboxes were blocked in the Security & Compliance center. (https://protection.office.com/restrictedusers)

Of course i can unblock them every time, but this wouldn't solve the problem.

I would like to raise the threshold for these two mailboxes, so that they wouldn't be blocked that fast.

A blockade of "100" is a  little bit to less. :\

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thank you in forehand.

Patrick

5 Replies

Hi @Christopher Hoard 

thank you very much for your reply.

Just to make it really clear to me:

Quote from Docs.ms:

On the Allow Lists page, you can specify entries, such as senders or domains, that will always be delivered to the inbox. Email from these entries is not processed by the spam filter.

sec_compl_settings.png

This should do the trick to me. 

When i add a sender, the mails from this sender are never going through the spam filters at all?

This could be okay, a better way would be to raise the threshold. Isn't it?

(Or is this just a rule for inbound mails?)

The usage of dkim wouldn't be proper solution, right?

The recepients are often end-user customers with private domains or freemailer, no corporate domains.

Thank you very much.

This is whitelisting the sender/domain. You can also do this by creating a transport rule in the Exchange Admin Console to bypass spam filtering.

Part of a good anti-spoofing policy is to implement SPF, DKIM and DMARC if possible.

Hope that clarifies!

Best, Chris

Hi @Christopher Hoard 

just as a feedback:

The whitelisting doesn't have any effect.

By the way: Microsoft says

Exchange Online customers who need to send legitimate bulk commercial email (for example, customer newsletters) should use third-party providers that specialize in these services.

So when im honest: Whe shouldn't find a solution to bypass this reglementations, even if i would like to do :D

Sure - from experience here in the UK it is typically run through a third party app routing out to a third party AS which Office 365 also uses.

That way, no limits and no domains getting blacklisted!

Best, Chris
1 best response