Office365 ticket routing escalation please

Copper Contributor

I have had a ticket open for a few days and the issue has been longer. It is simple, email is going to my on-prem server not cloud despite cancelling and paying for two mailboxes. Three plus people have tried to help and cant even get basic PowerShell working. I am paying for a service which does not work!!!

Any MS reps please help me.

13 Replies
Where is your MX record pointing to?

Hi Rob,

The MX are right and I have verified all the various records. The problem is connectors, you delete/disable and they come back.

Thank you

Did you / do you have hybrid Exchange?
No, EOP first to on-prem, cancelled it and bought two £3/month mailboxes, changed all settings everywhere, deleted connectors as it said and still they wont delete fully.
Did you temporarily switch the MX back to on-prem (bypassing EOP) before cancelling / removing connectors?
No, so remove MS MX, put a MX directing at 25 of server, wait a bit, then remove connectors and see if they re-appear?
basically point your MX back to on-prem (to stop anything flowing via 365) - might be best to wait 24 hours to allow for propagation - then see if you can remove the connectors.

If that works, then change the MX back to point to 365, and you should see mail being delivered to mailboxes there.
I have put a temp mx in as zero and deleted the other. MX Toolbox shows as one and forced the Domains > DNS page at MS to check and now it says service issue which means they have ack. the "error". Now to wait a bit and remove connectors.
Thank you
Did you make progress on this issue?

No. Tried three times and just deleted 1/2 of two. Cant imagine it will differ. MS just called to take notes.

Tried PS a few times and always gives:

ilureCategory=AuthZ-FilteringOnlyUserLoginException] Tenant

doesn't have valid subscriptions for Exchange Hosted.

Odd since the account has temp admin rights and a license. The above suggests it thinks the account is a filtering a/c not user. Awaiting call back from them soon.

Thanks

Under there is internal or authoritative. I am not using hybrid. Aiming for cloud only.
Thank you for replying

It has been fixed without notification. Thanks all!